Power Systems Manager
Job no: 499075
Work type: Full Time
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services & mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Our growing Energy Division operate gas, LNG and diesel fuelled power stations across Western Australia in support of operations for MRL sites and our select clients. We are looking towards renewable energy solutions and displacement of diesel power generation by a larger uptake of gas fuelled power generation & solar solutions.
As we move towards the future, we are looking to have an experienced Power Systems Manager join our Energy Division. This role will work closely with our General Manager, Operations Manager, Engineers and also the wider field team to oversee the life cycle of each plant.
This particular position will have two key pillars for success – Operations Management and Projects Management. It is crucial that the Manager can demonstrate an agile mindset to seamlessly move between both aspects, whilst providing guidance and support within their remit.
Key accountabilities – Operations focus (Primary)
The safety oriented Power Systems Manager goal is to manage the ongoing success and profitability of power generation plant and will be responsible for the maintenance and operational budget of energy assets across various sites.
- Oversight and support for the Operations Manager and broader workforce
- Support of planning and delivery of maintenance schedules and systems
- Manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders including customers, suppliers and engineering support
- Review and management of energy procurement contracts and supply agreements
- Financial responsibility for the operations including budgeting, expenditure tracking and variance analysis
Key accountabilities – Projects focus (Secondary)
The Power Systems Manager should have Project Management experience to manage (from time to time) power infrastructure capital expenditure projects through the project life cycle, from concept to handover for operations.
- A strong focus of safety processes and culture.
- Working with the operational, technical teams and procurement to drive the finalisation of a tender and contracts for engineering services and the construction contracts.
- Strong management and reporting to ensure clear targets are set, schedule and cost targets are met, that the designs are optimised for capital efficiency and that the stakeholder and regulatory requirements are met.
- Pro-active stakeholder engagement with site operational, construction and internal stakeholder groups.
Keys skills and expertise
- Tertiary engineering qualification; underpinned with 10+ years’ experience in the power sector encompassing an Operations and Projects focus
- Project delivery experience across gas, diesel and/or solar power generation and control system integration will be seen as highly advantageous
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills; in particular communication, influencing and negotiation skill-sets
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a diverse team, ideally within Energy/ Mining/ Resources or similar industries
Travel to site is an expected function of this position. The incumbent will also provide occasional relief to onsite teams as required by business demands.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend