Accounts Payable Officer
Job no: 499084
Work type: Fixed Term
Categories: Accounting & Finance
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
To support our continued expansion across the business, we are seeking experienced and proactive Accounts Payable Officer to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, your primary responsibility will be for the day to day Accounts Payable function including the entering of invoices, reconciliations and maintaining effective relationships between site and other stakeholders. You will also be required to ensure the accurate and timely payment of suppliers and respond to supplier queries
With previous experience in a similar role, you will have excellent problem solving skills, attention to detail and an understanding of basic accounting principles. This role will be for on an initial six month fixed term contract with the potential for the role becoming permanent
What we expect from YOU
- Processing of invoices
- Complete creditor reconciliations
- Complete and process payment runs and associated functions
- Administrate the petty cash
- Have the ability to identify areas for continuous improvement
What YOU will bring
- Previous experience in a similar role in the mining industry
- Bachelor qualification in Accounting or similar (D)
- A sound understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Details oriented; a focus on finding and rectifying errors
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work to deadlines
- Experience using Pronto will be highly regarded
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend