Job no: 499635
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Accounting & Finance
MRL is an innovative and leading diversified mining services company, with a growing world-class portfolio of the mining operations across multiple commodities and locations.
Our vision is to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies. We pride ourselves in our ability to provide significant opportunity for the learning and development of our people, and to open the door for them to build a long-term career within our business.
If you want to work with a company that thinks different, works different, is different... Then you want to work at MRL. Because you’re different.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Management Accountant with high attention to detail, to be responsible for our mining portfolio at our Mt Marion Lithium Project.
Reporting to the Financial Controller (Lithium), you will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring of management information, in conjunction with operations management, to ensure financial and management reports meet internal deadlines and are reliable.
Your key duties include;
- Prepare monthly management accounts including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and budget variance analysis and meetings with general/operations managers, including joint venture accounts.
- Interact with operational staff to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the management and job cost reports and investigate any variances.
- Preparation of audit materials, and liaison with auditors when and if required.
- Maintaining internal controls including debtor management, reconciliation review, payment release and systems access requests.
- Assistance and support to the wider finance group as and when required, including input to statutory accounts, statutory returns and tax related matters.
- Support General and Operational Managers to cost and budget new and existing projects, contracts and opportunities.
- Ensure monthly claims and invoices are prepared in accordance with contractual terms, and monitored to ensure timely receipt.
- Assist with general tasks and queries, as well as provide guidance to non-finance personnel as required.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting with a CPA/CA accreditation
- Strong management accounting skills
- Previous experience in mining operations in a mid-tier mining company
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills; in particular communication and working with operations
- Highly developed analytical and reporting skills; attention to the finer details is a must
- Willingness to analyse practices and realise efficiencies
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – Fast pace, interesting workplace offering exposure to all facets of accounting and mining operations
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities within a professional accounting team
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend