Job no: 499732
Work type: Full Time
MRL is an innovative and leading diversified mining services company, with a growing world-class portfolio of the mining operations across multiple commodities and locations.
As part of our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies, we pride ourselves in our ability to provide significant opportunity for the learning and development of our people, and to open the door for them to build a long-term career within our business.
If you want to work with a company that thinks different, works different, is different... Then you want to work at MRL.
Because you’re different.
What you can expect from MRL
We are currently seeking experienced Civil Designer to join our team in the head office in Applecross to look after the detail development of 3D models of MRL operations, focusing primary on earthworks and concrete detail. Interfacing with the Engineering Management team, you will facilitate 3D model development of mine operations infrastructures including pipeline corridors, haulage roads, stockyards, railway and power line corridors.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will also be responsible for ensuring a high quality standard of drawings and plans and for the efficient execution of designs, completed in line with project schedule dates.
About the role
- Develop bulk earthworks design detail including working out cut to fill quantities and ratios
- Ability to provide detailed understanding and analysis of costs to achieve optimal outcomes
- Ability to identify, quantify and manage risks and opportunities
- Ability to work closely with clients and key stakeholders to achieve alignment between goals and contract compliance
What YOU will bring
- Tertiary qualification in Civil & Structural Engineering
- 10+ years design experience with similar large scale mining construction projects
- Ability to use initiatives for continuous improvement
- Proficient with 12D and AutoCAD Civil 3D programs
- Proficient converting LIDAR survey data
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend