Senior IR Advisor
Job no: 499956
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Human Resources
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
Senior IR Advisor
Our new Senior IR Advisor will play a key role in supporting MRL’s strategic and operational industrial relations framework. You will be a subject matter expert, who is capable of influencing and advising across all levels of the organisation.
Our team is small in number but powerful in their delivery. We are flexible, creative and commercially minded. You will add value by using your knowledge and experience in industrial relations to drive positive outcomes for our business and for our people.
- Provide expert advice on IR risks and opportunities that underpin organisational operations / and growth opportunities
- Support delivery of IR plans through execution of IR improvement projects
- Advise on interpretation of employment terms and conditions
- Provide support and advice on IR matters in courts/ tribunals; inclusive of research, drafting, and supporting advocacy as required
- Provide IR overview of subcontractor and labour support providers to ensure compliance with MRL standards and obligations
- Provide training and promote knowledge sharing with internal stakeholders
- Coordination of ROE and union relationships
Qualifications and Experience (About you)
- Tertiary qualifications in HR/ IR Law or related disciplines; underpinned with significant experience working within IR specialist positions (5 - 8+ yrs)
- Advocacy experience in FWC (essential)
- Able to maintain composure in a fast-paced, energetic workplace; responding to competing demands for time and resources
- Confidence to speak with authority to technical experts, and provide sound fact based advice on IR related issues
- A proactive go-getter; a person who is readily described as a self-motivated initiator of their work
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills; in particular communication, influencing and negotiation skill-sets
- Accountable and accepting of personal responsibility; you work diligently to meet stakeholder expectation
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend