Job no: 500030
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Accounting & Finance, Shipping / Sales
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to our continued growth through 2020, we are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join our Applecross based team reporting into the Executive General Manager – Sales & Marketing.
Moving to brand new state of the art offices in Subiaco early 2021, this role is very hands-on and provides great exposure to shipping and chartering sector of the mining industry. Mineral Resources currently exports Lithium and Iron Ore.
What we expect from YOU
- Checking and Processing daily payments, Domestic and International funds transfer
- Preparing and Monitoring & tracking receivables and payment schedule.
- Preparation and reporting of Payroll, superannuation, PAYG and all related reconciliation and reporting
- Liaise with external Accountants in relation to reporting and lodgement for BAS/IAS and FBT as and when is required.
- Prepare and update Cash Flow Forecast and all accounts registers and schedules.
- Bank and Accounts Reconciliations, including inter-company accounts
- Month-end and year-end closing and reporting for few small set of accounts, including Journals, Accruals and Prepayments and other schedules.
- Expenses claim review and submission
- Maintain and record keeping of insurances (exports/imports) and declarations and all related matters
- Other bookkeeping and accounting tasks as required
- General administrative support
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Minimum 3-years’ accounting experience
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of MYOB, Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications
- Hands on in managing full set of accounts and closing
- Ability to work effectively under tight time frames
- Tertiary degree in accountancy / business preferred.
- You must be able to speak and understand both English and Chinese to be successful in this role
- A team player and able to work under pressure and to tight, shifting deadlines
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend