Job no: 500141
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Due to rapid growth planned through 2020 in the Yilgarn region, we currently have newly created roles for Safety Advisors on 8/6 rosters. The Safety Advisor is responsible in providing efficient and effective safety support services to our project sites around WA. Reporting to the Senior Safety Advisor, you will play an integral part in the contribution of promoting a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible work ethic and safety culture amongst MRL employees and contractors.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment and has a strong desire to develop others. You will be responsible to provide advice and assistance to ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements, Codes of Practice and MRL Policies and Procedures. You will also be required to provide assistance with the development of risk assessments, incident investigations, interpret safety data and assist with the facilitation of injury management cases and return to work processes.
Working in conjunction with the Safety Manager, your duties will also include;
- Identifying risk and non-compliance issues
- Implementing OHS critical risk management programs
- Coaching Supervisors in the conducting of workplace inspections, and completing system audits to verify compliance against MRL safety standards and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated visible Leadership, proactively participating in all safety related forums and programs
- Contribute to and promote a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible working ethic amongst all MRL employees and contractors to assist in providing a safe and incident free work place.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Preferably a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- At least 5+ years in a similar safety role in the mining industry essential
- Experience with legislative / statutory compliance, and data interpretation and analysis
- Experience with incident investigation and reporting models, ICAM or TapRoot
- Demonstrated auditing experience
- Experience in Risk Management
- Demonstrated experience in contractor management
- Experience in development of safety procedures
- Experience in project management would be highly regarded
- Current "A" Class Western Australian Drivers Licence or equivalent
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend