Snr Category Manager – Major Capital Projects
Job no: 499636
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Contracts & Procurement
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
The role will provide leadership in the development and implementation of contracting & procurement strategies, standards, processes, systems and plans for the both basic and complex capital projects that will work with the MRL construction team to ensure the safe delivery of value maximising investments. It will supply internal and external project interfaces, assess and manage the risk and advise the commercial team on the project recognising new and innovative ways of working. The role will recognise the importance of relationships with internal and external stakeholders, regional & key indigenous partners.
- Provides leadership for the development of the contracting and procurement strategies, identifying the interfaces and risks considering project scope; successfully maintains the interface with Supply and Purchasing sub-functions in establishing and executing Project Contract & Procurement strategies.
- Leads, manages, maintains and governs contracting and procurement standards, processes, systems and plans for multi-million / billion dollar complex capital projects
- Ensures local government and federal government legislation is well understood and abided by, and the team is always updated of any changes;
- Provides leadership and direction, functional expertise, mentoring, coaching, performance feedback and guidance to the Supply Project team whilst fostering a positive team culture;
- Establishes effective communication channels to encourage collaboration and new ideas within the commercial and overall project team;
- Maintains and governs risk and quality management plans to assure effective management of the program’s Contracts & Procurement scope of work;
- Evaluates key learnings, industry leading practice and innovations in project contracting & procurement to identify opportunities for continuous Improvement;
- Leads in the identification of opportunities for capital efficiency and productivity improvements for each Project;
- Confirms procurement and contracts input to value improvement practices for the project scope;
- Ensures the provision of appropriately skilled contracts and procurement resources to achieve the project's integrated scope, cost & schedule requirements;
- Maintains an awareness of relevant central agreements and/or relationships and ensures that they are appropriately leveraged on the project portfolio
Essential Qualifications and expertise
- Relevant tertiary qualifications; preferably in an Engineering discipline, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Legal (Construction Law) or related discipline;
- Extensive contract management experience;
- 10+ years' experience in large dollar value Capital Projects, a high degree of business acumen with deep understanding of large projects execution, risks and strategies
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills; in particular communication, influencing and negotiation skill-sets
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Position Description available upon request. Email; email@example.com
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend