General Manager - Logistics
Job no: 500007
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Logistics / Transport
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
Where do you come in?
The General Manager of Logistics is a brand new role within our organisation, and will offer many challenges and opportunities for the successful person. The commitment we have to initiate this type of role emphasises our strong desire to continue leading the way as one of Western Australia’s premier mining and resources companies.
We are looking for a strong leader, with proven experience in managing operational logistics within large-scale or complex operating environments. You have a data-driven approach, utilising analytics to support decisions and maintain commercial outcomes.
- Set policy and flow-down work instructions and procedures to achieve control of inventory
- Develop, maintain and routinely assess the end-to-end logistical model to ensure business demands are met (within set tolerances), with a minimum level of inventory holdings
- Work with peers and colleagues within the Procurement function to ensure suppliers of logistic goods and services (transport and warehousing) meet the MRL business need and commercial outcome requirements
- Manage and maintain the Logistics Department within the MRL Procurement function
- Act as the Point of Contact for all Logistics related matters and provide structured guidance to the Executive General Manager Procurement on logistics matters
- Proven experience and understanding of warehousing and warehousing operations
- Proven experience and understanding of transportation and network mapping and/or optimisation
- Solid understanding and experience in inventory management and S&OP
- Excellent knowledge of inventory categorisation and how this can be modelled to meet demand triggers
- Ability to model and stress test inventory holdings and fulfilment strategies to meet demand with minimum inventory holding levels
- MRO inventory analysis and inventory policy development
- Minimum of ten years working within logistics with time spend in both warehousing and freight operations
- Management of geographically dispersed teams including 3 or more direct reports
If you feel that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our friendly Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Position description available upon request - please email email@example.com to obtain a copy.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend