Job no: 500035
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Geology / Geotechnical
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Due to exponential growth throughout 2020 and beyond, we have a newly created position for a Heritage Advisor to join our Project Services team to design, manage, coordinate and complete field surveys and all associated tasks for remote areas relating to MRL’s areas of interest.
Reporting to our Head of Communities and Stakeholder Engagement, your primary responsibility will be to advise and manage MRL’s Aboriginal heritage obligations at a statutory level. With the majority of time based in the Perth office, the role will include travel to remote sites as required to conduct visits and heritage clearances as required.
With a demonstrated background in a similar role, you will have extensive heritage and land access experience and be able to communicate on all levels, with a superior knowledge of, and applying, the Aboriginal Heritage Act and Native Title Act in WA.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is an experienced Heritage Advisor and is able to provide strategic advice on heritage requirements and responsibilities to the business. The successful candidate will enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be a subject matter expert, with problem solving skills while also being the initial point of contact to develop positive relationships with Traditional Owners in various regions throughout the state. Your duties will also include;
- Provide the Company with advise in relation to important heritage related matters
- Coordination and management of heritage surveys, including attendance at surveys on behalf of MRL.
- Provide assistance to the Land Access team in the negotiation of heritage and other land access agreements
- Development, maintenance and management of the register of obligations and native title agreements
What you’ll bring to the team
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Aboriginal Heritage Act and Native Title Act
- Demonstrated experience working with Traditional Land Owners and a comprehensive understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Demonstrated working experience with matters relating to field surveys and logistics
- Highly developed English language competency skills
- Demonstrated experience with web based systems such as DMIRS, DAA and NNTT
- Working knowledge of the Mining Act and Regulations
- Significant Experience in organising and conducting heritage surveys
- Tertiary qualification in Archaeology, legal field or similar will be highly regarded
- A problem solving ability and strong work ethic
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend