Job no: 500295
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
To support our training requirements we are seeking experienced Compliance Trainer to join our mining team. This role is on a 9/5 FIFO roster based at our Koolyanobbing project.
Reporting to the Safety Lead, your primary responsibility will be to deliver comprehensive training packages to the site, as well as providing support into the development and continuous review of our MRL Training Systems.
What we’re after
With previous experience working in a remote training role coupled with keen interest in promoting safety, you will be well-versed in current training methodologies, and be able to bring with you a wealth of experience to complement your Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. You will also have the ability to engage and liaise with all levels of staff and management across a variety of departments and divisions will be pivotal to your success in this role
- Train and assess MRL personnel in the safe and efficient operation of Surface Mobile Equipment
- Identify opportunities to upskill SME Operators through ongoing analysis, and develop and promote production increase initiatives
- Deliver nationally recognised training packages
- Review all plant and equipment programs to ensure they are up to date, and meet current standards of operation
- Proactively engage work groups across a variety of divisions, to continuously upskill and train and development
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What you’ll bring to the team
- Demonstrated experience working in a training and assessing role, within a busy, remote mining environment is crucial
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40116)
- Requirement to hold any or all of the following National Competencies in the operation of Surface Mobile Equipment Training Packages (RII):
- RIIMPO206D Conduct Bulk Water Truck Operations
- RIIMPO310F Conduct Grader Operations
- RIIMPO301E Conduct Hydraulic Excavator Operations
- RIIMPO308F Conduct Track Dozer Operations
- RIIMPO304E Conduct Wheel Loader Operations
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy with experience in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarisation working with Training Management Systems and the associated tools
- Desirable Qualifications and experience in; Working at Heights, Confined Space, Gas Test Atmosphere, Integrated Tool Carrier, EWP, Cranes, Forklift
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend