General Manager - Asset Management
Job no: 500372
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Executive, Asset Management
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
At Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) we are different. Yes we are a leading Australian based diversified mining services, contracting, processing and commodities production company, however we are much more than that.
The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of the business. If you’re wondering what that spirit is, it means that Mineral Resources is focused on the outcome; willing to shift the earth to achieve desired goals.
Mineral Resources has been in the game a long time and has a successful history of providing safe, high quality, low cost mining, mining construction and mining infrastructure services.
The Role & The Team
Based in our Perth office as our General Manager – Asset Maintenance Group, you will be responsible for the leadership of a team of mobile asset professionals on site and in Perth, with accountability for all operating equipment across the business.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager - Mining Services, you will be instrumental in providing operating estimates, capital forecasting and maintenance strategies whilst ensuring the Asset Management team provides value throughout the MRL group in providing engineering support services.
Your Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage a team of mobile asset professionals, responsible for all equipment operating estimates, systems, capital forecasting and maintenance planning strategies
- Calculate asset rates that offer the best available outcomes for the business based on equipment selection and maintenance strategies.
- Cascade the maintenance strategy to the operations, building commitment and support through demonstrating how its implementation can add value to the bottom line
- Manage Supplier relationships ensuring compliance to supply contracts (cost, quality, timeliness, guarantee of supply etc.)
- Prepare Maintenance forecasts for the annual budget, ensuring all facets of asset management are built from first principles
- Actively manage the asset cost profiles to ensure they align with the forecast Life Cycle Costing
- Continue to analyse existing costs and incorporate these into the Project Financial model/loss reduction strategies and implement
- Manage Continuous improvement processes
- Conduct maintenance reporting (implement system where Operation Managers can accurately report on Fleet performance to manage the Assets to ensure maximum availability at minimum cost)
- Work closely with the Project and Area Managers to ensure the asset management teams are providing an effective service that provides optimum equipment performance
- Implement strategic asset management initiatives across sites, working closely with both the asset management teams and the Project Managers
- Monitor the health and use of the CMMS – report on costs and equipment performance
Your Experience & Skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Asset Management
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in the mining industry
- Strong experience in mobile asset maintenance and development of equipment performance strategies
- Significant demonstrated leadership which supports a high performance culture
- Demonstrated experience with CAT, Komatsu and Liebherr equipment
- Proven track record in supplier and external stakeholder management
- Clear understanding and knowledge of Mines Safety & Inspection act 1994
- Perth based position, with site travel required on as needed basis
- Work in a supportive team environment with extensive Asset Management experience
- Access to an experienced Senior Business Management team
- A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture
If you like to do things a little differently and can bring your experience and knowledge to lead the team to deliver on its targets, MRL is for you. Please send us your details for consideration. All applications are treated with the strictest of confidence.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend