Technical Services Superintendent
Job no: 500427
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Geology / Geotechnical, Supervision
As an ASX 200 and perennially high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
To support our thriving operations in the Pilbara, we are seeking an experienced Technical Services Superintendent to lead a high performing technical team and to deliver a fully integrated mine plan from pit to port.
This role will have two major touchstone points; Leadership of Personnel and Operational delivery. An engaging and determined team leader, you will display high levels of commitment and a demonstrated belief in our company values. You will have the ability to connect with people at all levels of the business and demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to effectively influence.
Reporting to the Mining Manager, you will be responsible for managing the development and delivery of mine plans and technical services to key stakeholders in relation to mine engineering, mine geology, survey, laboratory and technical services. Complete integration with the mining operations team allows you to resource your plan through to delivery.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Leading the preparation of the site mine plan that enables the delivery of the integrated plan.
- Overseeing mine planning and production scheduling, where you will further develop scheduling engineers, geologists, survey, pit technicians and laboratory teams skillset
- Developing operational reports including but not limited to; Daily, Weekly, Monthly, reports, and being able to develop Mine Reconciliation Reports that are accurate and relevant to grade control information
- Leading a safety culture of continuous improvement and maintaining high level leadership at all times – Our people are empowered to make the right decisions
What you’ll bring to the team
- A Degree in Mine Engineering or related disciplines
- 10 years’ mine operations experience in the resources industry in a mix of technical and leadership roles in a bulk commodity
- Competency with the major recognized mining software package like Surpac, Whittle, Minesched, XPAC
- Strong understanding of Safety Management and a positive approach to implementation and execution of pragmatic management systems
- Demonstrated detailed understanding of relevant costs and analyse to achieve optimal outcomes
- Identify, quantify and manage risks and opportunities across all areas of responsibility
- Ensure that assets are planned and managed effectively to achieve budget utilisation rates across the mine.
- Unrestricted Quarry Managers certificate
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend