Job no: 500441
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
To support the onsite safety requirements of our Parker Range site through our current ramp up project and beyond, we are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Medic to join the team on an 8:6 roster.
Reporting to the Senior Safety Advisor, this role will be responsible for the provision of medical services and ensuring the health and well-being of employees, contractors and visitors on site. With a strong background in Registered Nursing, you will be qualified and suitably experienced to administer a broad range of treatment options to employees, providing medical advice relating to work and non-work related injury & illness.
- Provide informed direction and guidance to the Project Leadership Team in the prevention and treatment of injury and illness.
- Using professional judgement deliver sensible, practical and informed clinical decisions in the best interests of patients and the business.
- Attend to patients using the full range of pre-hospital emergency care options available, appropriately extended skills when required
- Maintain the stock levels of medical equipment and ensure that all equipment is safe, clean and in good working order at all times.
- Adhere to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legislative guidelines and health and safety standards
- Monitor patient’s whilst collaborating with other support service personnel such as ESO’s Police, Doctors , and Perth Injury Management
- Collect patient care data, writing and submitting comprehensive evaluation reports relating to illness and injury treatment outcomes
- Maintain a running inventory of medical supplies at site medical centres and within the emergency response vehicles.
- Administer, control and maintain site medications in accordance with MRL poisons permits & regulatory requirements
- In consultation with the Safety Lead and Site Supervisors, facilitate the operational injury & illness return to work process.
- Participate in site based emergency management and response strategies in accordance with site specific emergency management plans
- Actively participate in the team to support Medic service delivery through regular attendance at meetings, completion of operational readiness duties and participation in other activities that develop team unity and performance.
- Contribute effectively to all work undertaken as part of a multi-disciplinary team, mentoring Emergency Service Officers to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Proactively participate in all safety related forums including but not limited to Pre-Shift Meetings, Toolbox Meetings and Safety Committee Meetings.
If you are APRAH Registered and feel that you have the necessary skills and qualifications for this role, apply now for a confidential discussion with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend