Senior Electrical Engineer
Job no: 500466
Work type: Full Time
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join our CSI Electrical engineering team in our Perth head office. This role will require an effective communicator who is both strategic and hands-on and can engage effectively with individuals and teams across a diverse organisation.
Reporting to the Electrical Manager, you will be integral in providing technical expertise in the design, construction, testing and commissioning of our materials handling, processing plants and power stations.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. Your duties will include:
- Undertaking electrical and instrumentation design tasks from concept through to commissioning.
- Reviewing designs completed by drafting and other engineers.
- Coordination of various E&I design packages and deliverables.
- Detailed design and review of engineering and drafting deliverables including schematics, terminations, single line diagrams, layouts, earthing, general arrangements, cable schedules etc.
- Undertaking engineering calculations to support and justify design.
- Proficient in power system studies including load flow, short circuit, motor starting, protection grading and arc flash studies.
- Able to direct junior engineers and designers.
- Procurement and vendor management.
- Project estimating and technical bid evaluations.
- Reviewing and approving vendor documentation.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary HAZOP reviews.
- Interfacing with Site construction teams.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Relevant Electrical engineering qualifications with experience in the mineral processing and material handling industry.
- Experience in the design, commissioning and operation of low and medium voltage power distribution systems, instrumentation and control systems.
- 5-10 years' experience in the engineering / mining industry.
- Strong understanding of relevant Australian standards, and the WA Mines Safety and Inspection regulations.
- Site construction and commissioning experience.
- Design experience within a Consulting environment would be advantageous.
- Capable of working 'hands on' to support operations, construction and commissioning as required.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of problem solving and communication skills in a design environment.
- Ensure electrical engineering and design deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and are of high quality.
- Experience with SmartPlant Electrical and SmartPlant Instrumentation is desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure with stringent deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
This is an opportunity to join a professional and supportive team within an innovative company where you will work on challenging projects.
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend