Emergency Services Officer
Job no: 500498
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
To support our ongoing and expanding operations in the Goldfields, we are seeking skilled and knowledgeable Emergency Services Officers who are well versed in mining operations.
Reporting to the Safety Manager, you will play an integral role providing comprehensive safety, medical and emergency response services, whilst supporting other activities across the mining operations on a day to day basis. You will advance our Safety culture through personal engagement and promotion of safety as a personal value
This role will be on an 8:6 roster from Perth.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment and has a strong desire to assist others.
Your duties include;
- Provide informed direction and guidance to the Project Leadership Team in the prevention and treatment of injury and illness.
- Using professional judgement deliver sensible, practical and informed clinical decisions in the best interests of patients and the business.
- Attend to patients using the full range of pre-hospital emergency care options available, appropriately extending skills when required
- Administer, control and maintain site medications in accordance with MRL poisons permits & regulatory requirements
- Maintain the stock levels of medical equipment and ensure that all equipment is safe, clean and in good working order at all times.
- Conduct ERT and First Aid Training to site staff
- Conduct on-site drug and alcohol testing
- Comply with and promote site Health and Safety with reference to standards, practices, goals and procedures
- Develop, implement and facilitate all required training services as requested
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What you’ll bring to the team
- Have previous Emergency Services Officer experience on a mine site
- Certificate IV in Health (Ambulance) essential
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue essential
- Qualified Drug Screening Officer
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment and Occupational Health and safety will be highly regarded
- Current National Australian Police clearance valid within 12 months
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, lateral thinking and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with an ability to import knowledge, coach and mentor others
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend