New Equipment Supervisor
Job no: 500521
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Asset Management
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Due to exponential growth, we have a newly created New Equipment Supervisor position in our Asset Management team based in our Kwinana workshop. Reporting to the Kwinana Workshop and Field Service Manager, you will be a positive and active leader, ensuring and maintaining a healthy and close working relationship between the AMG team and supplier.
As the Supervisor, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient coordination of all matters relating to the purchase of new equipment – including the scope, scheduling, pricing and invoicing of the work required at MRL standards, whilst ensuring that the suppliers repair and service requirements are achieved with agreed timeframe and budget.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Maintaining appropriate and successful MRL business relationships with vendors, requestors and MRL Logistics and Transport Departments
- Managing the purchase, inspection and work completed on newly purchased equipment to ensure this is carried out in a timely manner and to AMG’s expectations
- Working closely with internal customers
- Conducting regular meetings with suppliers to ensure obligations are met, and to communicate progress and improvements required
- Ensure monthly and weekly reports are produced on a timely basis
- Responsible for market intelligence with suppliers for asset supply for the immediate and long term requirements and the evolution of the MRL business.
- Responsible for sourcing resources and generating Purchasing Requisitions where required.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Hold mechanical trade certificate
- At least 3 years in a similar role
- Proficient with CMMS and ERP systems
- Proficient with budgeting activities and financial reporting systems.
- Proficient with Excel, Data Sourcing and Manipulation and KPI report writing/ development.
- Extensive knowledge of HME and ancillary mining equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of plant and equipment logistical aspects.
- Extensive knowledge of vendor and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) asset supply capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Asset Management principles and standards.
- Experience and ability to oversee administration duties as required
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend