Job no: 500612
Work type: Full Time
Location: Pilbara, Goldfields
As an ASX 200 and perennially high performing Western Australian company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is a leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and mineral processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
MRL is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is in our blood, and permeates every aspect of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; we are hungry and willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology or tradition, and we readily accept that there can be many ways to create success.
We are continuing on our fast-paced journey of growth, and at the heart of achieving our goals is our workforce. We do not accomplish anything without our people. We empower our leaders to set the vision; give specialists room to design, plan and implement; and engage skilled personnel to maintain and operate our machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
To support our growing mining business, we are seeking experienced Mining Superintendents to join our team. Reporting to the Mine Manager, your primary responsibility will be to work in partnership with departments across the site and the wider business to deliver our mining schedule.
Overseeing an experienced team of supervisors and work crews, you will be instrumental in building and maintaining high performing teams; providing comprehensive mentorship and leadership across the work group, whilst ensuring your teams operate with the highest regard to safety.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment.
- Ensuring safe mine operations by providing leadership to our teams to help them reach production and cost targets
- Promote and utilise company safety systems, including the relevant tools and documentation, such as Take 5s and Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs) and to meet site safety standards
- Working closely with our onsite planning and engineering team to meet grade and material movement targets
- Plan, coordinate and allocate resources (people & plant) to achieve monthly outputs
- Instruct and assist Supervisors regarding their weekly assignments and goals; providing coaching and support to them in effectively managing team performance
- Key stakeholder engagement; working closely with our senior leadership group
- Team leadership including recruitment, coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Drive a safety first workplace culture, that enhances our high performance and exceptional levels of service
What you’ll bring to the team
- Unrestricted Quarry Manager Certificate of Competency (WA)
- Certificate IV in Frontline Leadership or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years’ demonstrated experience of mine operations in open cut environments, with significant experience in a leadership role
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Acts, Codes and Regulations relevant to the mining industry
- Proficient computer literacy skills with a willingness to learn and utilise new technology as required
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend