Job no: 500826
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Geology / Geotechnical
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Due to increased work demands, our Koolyanobbing technical services team are seeking an experienced Laboratory Technician. Reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor, you will be primarily responsible for sample collection and preparation and conduct routine and non-routine chemical and physical laboratory tests of samples
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be able to work unsupervised as well as in a team and will be responsible for;
- Sample preparation including; sorting, weighing, drying, crushing, splitting and pulverising
- Sample analysis and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Assist with plant sampling and test work samples
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What you’ll bring to the team
- Minimum 12 months on site experience working within a mineral laboratory
- Certificate 4 in Laboratory Techniques desirable
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office suites
- Telehandler/forklift ticket desirable
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Current Australian Driver’s License
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend