Mechanical Project Engineer
Job no: 500893
Work type: Fixed Term - Project
Crushing Services International (CSI), a subsidiary of MRL, is a leading contract crushing provider tailoring world-class build-own-operate crushing, screening and processing plants for major mining clients. This includes designing and manufacturing of major mineral processing facilities, ensuring commissioning and providing on-site operation and maintenance.
CSI's focus, experience, and specialisation provide an economical and high value alternative to in-house crushing and processing production by the client. Success of the CSI business model is reflected in its customer base, consisting of the major blue-chip mining houses that would traditionally undertake these operations themselves.
About the role
CSI has an opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer (Mechanical) to join our project team for an upcoming construction project in the Pilbara. This role reporting into the construction Manager will be site based on 2/1 Roster on a fixed term contract with possibility of extension due to a healthy pipeline of work scheduled until end of 2023.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications.
- Interpret designs for implementation in construction projects
- Contribute to improvements to existing designs
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to programme and report to the Project or Site Manager
- Attend site meetings as required
- Perform material takes from profile and data sheets and process and instrumentation diagrams
- Must have the ability to select pumping and piping sizes based on process requirements
What you’ll bring to the team
- Engineering Degree - Mechanical
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a similar position preferred
- Must have experience on mining construction projects
- Previous experience involving Iron Ore Crushing, Screening and Stockpiling a distinct advantage
- Commercial awareness for project evaluation and submission for approval
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Highly developed time and task management
- Good understanding of Australian codes and standards
- Proficient in MS Project, Prima Vera P6, MS Office software
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend