Job no: 500894
Work type: Fixed Term - Project
Crushing Services International (CSI), a subsidiary of MRL, is a leading contract crushing provider tailoring world-class build-own-operate crushing, screening and processing plants for major mining clients. This includes designing and manufacturing of major mineral processing facilities, ensuring commissioning and providing on-site operation and maintenance.
CSI's focus, experience, and specialisation provide an economical and high value alternative to in-house crushing and processing production by the client. Success of the CSI business model is reflected in its customer base, consisting of the major blue-chip mining houses that would traditionally undertake these operations themselves.
About the role
CSI has an opportunity for experienced Mechanical Supervisors to join our project team for an upcoming construction project in the Pilbara. This role reporting into the construction Manager will be site based on 2/1 Roster on a fixed term contract with possibility of extension due to a healthy pipeline of work scheduled until end of 2023.
Reporting to our Commissioning Superintendent, your primary responsibility will be to oversee the commissioning of mechanical equipment to ensure a successful transition to operations.
With a demonstrated background in leading teams within a commissioning environment, you will well-versed in testing and commissioning, whilst also being proficient in developing effective ways to utilise equipment and plant.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Oversee and inspect the commissioning of plant equipment
- Coordinate the testing and commissioning of the plant and identify potential issues, and provide solutions to correct the problem
- Conduct failure analysis and document how these issues can be further prevented
- Liaise with vendors to ensure the final close out of equipment is satisfactory and in working order for handover
- Work in close collaboration with the Permit to Work and Isolations Coordinator’s to ensure the final product is ready to handover
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What you’ll bring to the team
- Hold a relevant trade qualification, along with isolations training
- Minimum of 7+ years in a similar supervisory role within a commissioning environment
- Demonstrated experience leading a commissioning project
- A focus on effective safety and environmental practices
Proficient in MS Project, Prima Vera P6, MS Office software
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend