IT Business Analyst
Job no: 500907
Work type: Full Time
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Due to exponential growth across the business, we have a newly created role for a Business Analyst in our IT team. This position will be responsible to provide the IT Project Delivery team with the capability to analyse, evaluate, and refine business needs and processes. Working as a liaison among stakeholders, you will be required to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and recommend solutions that enable projects to achieve their goals.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Working with stakeholders to perform initial detailed business and solution selection analysis for new ad-hoc pieces of work in our pipeline
- Working with stakeholders to elicit requirements and document user stories and acceptance criteria
- Performing process mapping and gap analysis exercises
- Assessing problems to determine options and develop clear and concise advice for decision makers
- Developing basic solution architecture in coordination with business resources
- Develop test scripts and manage the overall testing in coordination with Project Manager(s)
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary level qualifications in Business, Science, Engineering or Economics
- At least 3-5 years of experience in IT, with at least 2 years’ experience in a business environment
- Strong core business analysis skills required
- Broad based experience preferred
- Experience in a mining environment preferred
- Can hold their own with the business to get desired outcomes
- Basic Solution Architecture skills desired
- Previous project management or business engagement experience is not required, but highly regarded
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend