Job no: 501198
Work type: Full Time
Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is a leading Australian based diversified mining services, contracting, processing and commodities production company. MRL's unique and robust business model, coupled with its industry position as the mining services provider of choice, has ensured a reputation for delivering the highest quality services in the specialist fields of minerals processing, contract crushing, mine ownership and operation to name a few.
Crushing Services International (CSI), a subsidiary of MRL, is a leading contract crushing provider tailoring world-class build-own-operate crushing, screening and processing plants for major mining clients. This includes designing and manufacturing of major mineral processing facilities, ensuring commissioning and providing on-site operation and maintenance.
CSI's focus, experience, and specialisation provide an economical and high value alternative to in-house crushing and processing production by the client. Success of the CSI business model is reflected in its customer base, consisting of the major blue-chip mining houses that would traditionally undertake these operations themselves.
About the role
We are currently seeking experienced Civil Designer to join our team in the head office in Applecross to look after the detail development of 3D models of MRL operations, focusing primary on earthworks and concrete detail. Interfacing with the Engineering Management team, you will facilitate 3D model development of mine operations infrastructures including pipeline corridors, haulage roads, stockyards, railway and power line corridors.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will also be responsible for ensuring a high quality standard of drawings and plans and for the efficient execution of designs, completed in line with project schedule dates.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Develop bulk earthworks design detail including working out cut to fill quantities and ratios
- Develop road, rail, pads, drainage and water catchment for mining operations
- Ability to provide detailed understanding and analysis of costs to achieve optimal outcomes
- Ability to identify, quantify and manage risks and opportunities
- Ability to work closely with clients and key stakeholders to achieve alignment between goals and contract compliance
- Maintain and develop professional relationships with fellow staff and management to ensure timely, cost effective execution of supportive drafting and designing
- Facilitate in providing innovative conceptual engineering design and development designs/proposals.
- Assist in design checking to ensure accuracy and consistency across the relevant interfaces of the design project.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Diploma, Associate Diploma or Degree in Civil & Structural Engineering
- 10+ years design experience in mining related infrastructure construction projects
- High level of knowledge in Main Roads WA and Austroads Standards and Guidelines
- Large scale mining project experience including mining, rail, airports and road design
- Ability to use initiatives for continuous improvement
- Proficient with 12D and AutoCAD Civil 3D programs
- Proficient converting LIDAR survey data
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply. This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend