Senior Mining Geologist
Job no: 501300
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Geology / Geotechnical
As an ASX 200 and perennial company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian-based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; accomplished tradesman to operate our high-tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Due to exponential growth, we have a newly created positions for experienced Senior Mining Geologists across our projects on an 8/6 roster. You will oversee a variety of functions from our geological models through to our ship loading.
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, you will develop and maintain the geological, quality and grade control systems. Your primary responsibility will be to manage daily site geological activities together with production and planning operation teams and mentoring mine geologists and pit technicians.
- Work safely; promote safe working practices and use MRL’s safe work systems
- Develop geological and geotechnical systems across grade control, mine operations and drill and blast activities
- Communication across mining, haulage and crushing teams to ensure optimal processes and outcomes
- Collect daily grade and tonnage data, including stockpile tracking and mine to rail reconciliation
- Provide reports, information and updates to partners both internally and externally as required
- Manage ship build blends in relation to grade, contaminants and moisture
- Maintain and update geological model
- Pit mapping and ore mark ups
- Oversee and mentor mine geologists and pit technicians
- Manage daily grade control processes including interactions with site laboratory
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualifications Geology
- 7-8+ years experience working in an active mining environment; with exposure to open cut iron ore operations
- Competent with 3D modelling software such as Surpac and database management through Mine Market
- A commitment to a zero harm safety culture, for both yourself and your work colleagues
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Safe work environment – See our rapid response to COVID-19
- Career Development opportunities
- Supportive and inclusive environment
- Discounted private health insurance
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend