Senior Mining Geologist
Job no: 501352
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Geology / Geotechnical
As an ASX 100 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
About the role
To support our continued growth and operations, we are seeking an experienced Senior Mining Geologist at our Iron Valley project on an 8/6 roster. This role is responsible for overseeing a variety of functions from our geological models through to ship loading.
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, you will be accountable for developing and maintaining the geological, quality and grade control systems. Your primary responsibility will be to manage daily site geological activities in conjunction with production and planning operation teams and mentoring mine geologists and pit technicians.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- The commitment to working safely; promotion of safe working practices and utilisation of MRL’s safe work systems
- Developing geological and geotechnical systems across grade control, mine operations and drill & blast activities
- Effectively communicate across mining, haulage and crushing teams to ensure optimal processes and outcomes
- Collect daily grade and tonnage data, including stockpile tracking and mine to rail reconciliation
- Provide reports, information and updates to stakeholders both internally and externally as required
- Manage ship build blends in relation to grade, contaminants and moisture
- Maintain and update geological model
- Pit mapping and ore mark ups
- Manage daily grade control processes including interactions with site laboratory
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualifications Geology
- A demonstrated experience as a Senior Mining Geologist in an active mining environment essential; ideally with exposure to open cut iron ore operations
- Competent with 3D modelling software such as Surpac and database management through Mine Market
- A strong commitment to a zero harm safety culture, for both yourself and your work colleagues
- Able to maintain composure in a fast-paced, energetic workplace; responding to competing demands for time and resources and mentoring of team members in a quality first culture
- Will suit a details focused person; confident of self-managing workloads
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend