Job no: 501511
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Geology / Geotechnical
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Our team is expanding and we have a fresh role available for a self-motivated Geotechnical Engineer. You will be the onsite support and will responsible for;
- Implementing the Ground Control Management Plan (GCMP) across MRL operating mines and audit compliance
- Implementing growth and sustaining projects
- Implementing and updating the critical geotechnical risk-management processes, systems, procedures, and databases
What we’re after
- Updating and governance of the GCMP registers
- Works to support MRL assets in the Yilgarn Iron Ore Project (YIOP) – Koolyanobbing, Parker Range, Windarling and Mount Marion Lithium operation
- Consulted for inputs into geotechnical open pit / waste landform design and operational support
- Consulted for inputs into geotechnical investigation planning and budgeting processes
- Consulted for inputs into the geotechnical monitoring strategy.
- Overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Well organised with the ability to manage a diverse range of activities
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels of an organisation
- Practical, ‘hands-on’ person who is willing to achieve the best results for the program / project
- Cultivates positive team relationships through effective communication and consultation
- Naturally curious and self-motivated to reach into all areas of investigation and mining operations
What you’ll bring to the team
- Preferably >5 years experience in open cut mining geotechnics and open pit mining, including a good understanding of mine geology and open pit practices
- Relevant experience with involvement in geotechnical investigation programs (logging, management and collation of data)
- Strong project management skills (designing and executing field programs)
- Previous experience with industry standard mining geotechnical software and stability analysis (2D limit equilibrium and / or 3D modelling)
- Some exposure to finite element modelling experience advantageous
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend