Job no: 501524
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Project / Mine Management
As an ASX 200 and perennial company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian-based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; accomplished tradesman to operate our high-tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Reporting to the Site Project Manager, your primary responsibility is to lead the mining operations at one of our key sites in the Pilbara.
- Manage project schedules to ensure deadlines are met and team members are kept informed on progress
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
- Lead by example at all times and demonstrating high performance through clear expectations and direction
- Lead the development, implementation and continuation of required mine planning, systems and processes
- Ensure the safe, timely and efficient delivery of the Mining Operation’s targets whilst continuing to drive standards, reduce cost and improve output.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure the efficient utilisation of people, assets and equipment.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering, Geology or related discipline
- Unrestricted Quarry Managers Certificate
- Positive approach to implementation and execution of pragmatic safety management
- Demonstrated experience managing successful Mining Operations within Australia
- Strong understanding of Safety Management and associated legislative requirements
- Excellent communication, organisational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing diverse teams
- A flair for challenging the norm and doing things different.
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- Safe work environment – See our rapid response to COVID-19
- Career Development opportunities
- State-of-the-art corporate facilities (Mid-2021) featuring on-site gym, crèche and restaurant
- Supportive and inclusive environment
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend