Principal Environment - Projects
Job no: 501542
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
As an ASX 100 and perennial company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian-based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, mineral processing underpinned by a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing to accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; accomplished tradespeople to operate our high-tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
We are looking for a Principle Environment – Projects, to join our Applecross-based team. Reporting directly to our Environmental Manager your primary responsibility will be to provide comprehensive support and quality control for the delivery of environmental approvals (EPBC, EP Act Part IV, V, and Mining Act) associated with new Greenfield mining projects predominantly in the Pilbara and Yilgarn regions.
The role will demonstrate a working knowledge in State and Federal environmental legislation, specifically the requirements of current guidance provided by Regulatory Authorities. You will play an instrumental part in ensuring any referral documentation meets the required standards for gaining environmental approvals within required timeframes.
- Develop tools and provide training of current staff to support the drafting of the various approval documents as well as manage the drafting and review processes required to develop quality technical documents
- Project manage the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process to ensure the delivery of regulatory approvals including developing Scope of Works, reviewing proposals and managing consultants.
- Author approvals under Parts IV and V of State environmental legislation as well as the Federal EPBC Act
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What you’ll bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Environmental Science or Environmental Management with further qualifications in Technical Writing highly regarded
- 15+ years’ experience working within an environmental approvals role in the mining industry
- In-depth knowledge of State and Federal environmental legislation
- Experience in Environmental Impact Assessment and project management
- Experience using GIS or similar mapping software and Microsoft Project desirable.
- Highly developed communication and engagement skills
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- Safe work environment – See our rapid response to COVID-19
- Career Development opportunities
- State-of-the-art corporate facilities (Mid-2021) featuring on-site gym and restaurant
- Supportive and inclusive environment
- 16-week paid Parental leave (Or 32-week half-pay)
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend