Senior Environmental Advisor - Approvals
Job no: 501543
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
To support our growing business needs and requirements, a newly created role has arisen for an experienced Senior Environmental Advisor to join our Applecross based team, with a move to a brand new office in Osborne Park in 2020. This role will also require occasional site travel as required.
Reporting to the Team Lead, your primary responsibility will be to provide comprehensive support and guidance for the delivery of environmental approvals (EPBC, EP Act Part IV and V and Mining Act) across our WA based Greenfield projects.
With demonstrated knowledge in current State and Federal environmental legislation, you will play an instrumental part in identifying and leading the process for gaining environmental approvals for our projects, in advance of required timeframes.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Ability to project manage the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process to ensure the timely delivery of regulatory approvals including developing Scope of Works, reviewing proposals and managing consultants.
- Significant experience in developing and authoring approvals under Parts IV and V of State environmental legislation as well as the Federal EPBC Act
- Develop and manage project schedules to ensure deadlines are met and stakeholders are kept informed on progress
- Liaise with relevant external stakeholders to ensure all approvals are delivered on time
- Monitor and provide advice to the company on relevant environmental matters which may arise
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering.
- 10 years + of environmental experience in the resources industry or environmental consultancy, with at least 5 years with direct experience in planning and writing approvals documents.
- High degree of communication, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of relevant costs and analyse to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Strong analytical skills.
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend