Accounts Payable Supervisor
Job no: 501544
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Accounting & Finance
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Accounts Payable team. Based in Applecross, this role will require an effective communicator and leader who is both process-driven and hands-on and can engage effectively with individuals and teams across a diverse, high volume and fast-paced organisation. This role reports to the Finance Manager.
- Lead the charge of the Accounts Payable team, and be the primary contact between the wider business and the Accounts Payable department
- Coordinate, review and support the timely processing of invoices, payments and statement reconciliations in Accounts Payable
- Ensuring appropriate structures and processes are in place for responses to all internal and external queries which come into the Accounts Payable department
- Ongoing systems and process improvements to ensure the Accounts Payable function remains agile and responsive to the needs of the business and are able to meet the demands of the business as it grows and expands
- Support the business by maintaining sound internal controls across the Accounts Payable process
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- 5 + years experience in a supervisory or manager role for Accounts Payable in a mid-to-large organisation
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word
- High level of attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent communicator, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in the mining and mining services industry
- Working knowledge of Pronto and/or Coupa will be highly regarded
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend