Senior Rehabilitation Advisor
Job no: 501728
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
As an ASX 200 and perennial company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian-based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, mineral processing underpinned by a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing to accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision. Specialists to design, plan and implement and accomplished Tradespeople to operate our high-tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
To support our growing business needs and requirements, a role has arisen for an experienced Senior Rehabilitation Advisor to join our newly established Rehabilitation and Closure team based team in our Perth head office with ad hoc travel to site. Providing technical advice and support to the business in regards to planning, implementation and monitoring of its rehabilitation programs and requirements, the Senior Rehabilitation Advisor will also provide support and auditing services at an operational level.
Reporting to the Principal – Mine Closure and Rehabilitation, you will assist in the development of rehabilitation designs, undertake project planning and coordination for progressive rehabilitation projects and work with site personnel and contractors to ensure the successful execution of rehabilitation projects on the ground.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Tender coordination, contract production and negotiation
- Coordinating the development of completion criteria and providing rehabilitation monitoring guidance
- Managing consultants and contractors for R&D projects or rehabilitation implementation as required
- Work with site teams and contract supervisors to plan and implement earthworks projects
- Assisting in the management, collection, quality control and storage of native seed ensuring local provenance for all operations
- Managing required research for rehabilitation and revegetation on a range of studies and scientific research projects, including field trials and studies that address knowledge gaps in MRL Closure Plans
- Providing education, training and advice to Site Environmental Advisors on operational rehabilitation matters
- Providing technical input into approvals applications, assist with rehabilitation and closure approvals and participate in MRL internal audits and external regulatory compliance audits (as required) across the operations
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Ecology, Soil Science, Geoscience or Engineering
- At least eight years consultancy or direct industry experience in mine rehabilitation/environmental restoration/civil and earthworks
- Demonstrated experience with managing rehabilitation and monitoring projects
- Previous experience in project planning, implementation and contractor management
- Working knowledge of Environmental Legislation relevant to the Mining Industry.
- Arc GIS skills, Vulcan/Surpac skills desirable
- Demonstrated technical writing skills (Drafting rehabilitation management plans, mine closure plans and procedures etc.)
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
• Discounted private health insurance
• Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
• Career development opportunities
• State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym, crèche and restaurant
• A supportive and inclusive environment
• 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend