Senior Closure Advisor
Job no: 501729
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
As an ASX 200 and perennial company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian-based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, mineral processing underpinned by a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing to accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision. Specialists to design, plan and implement and accomplished Tradespeople to operate our high-tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
To support our growing business needs and requirements, a role has arisen for an experienced Senior Closure Advisor to join our newly established Rehabilitation and Closure team based team in our Perth head office. Providing technical advice and support to the business in regards to closure planning and management, the Senior Closure Advisor will also provide recommendations to minimise risks and impacts on the physical environment as they relate to closure.
Reporting to the Principal – Mine Closure and Rehabilitation, you will assist in the development of closure designs and studies whilst also undertaking project planning and coordination for research and development projects and work with site personnel and contractors to ensure the development of baseline studies and site closure plans to meet project and regulatory requirements.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Collating and issuing mine closure plans as required
- Coordinating the development of completion criteria in line with closure outcomes
- Assisting in the development of business closure standards and procedures
- Supporting the functional team by providing information and guidance on Closure aspects at an operational site
- Updating and maintaining closure liability estimates (ARO and LOM)
- Providing technical input and assist with approvals applications, and participate in external regulatory compliance audits (as required) across the operations
- Assisting with the sampling and analysis work of mineral waste and soil as required to address knowledge gaps in landform design
- Managing the required research for closure on a range of studies and scientific research projects, including field trials that address knowledge gaps in MRL Closure Plans
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Geoscience or Engineering
- At least eight years consultancy or direct industry experience in mine closure/environmental restoration/civil and earthworks
- Demonstrated experience with preparing mine closure plans and closure liability estimates
- Previous experience in project planning, implementation and contractor management
- Working knowledge of Environmental Legislation relevant to the Mining Industry
- Arc GIS skills, Vulcan/Surpac skills desirable
- Demonstrated technical writing skills (drafting rehabilitation management plans, mine closure plans and procedures etc.)
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
• Discounted private health insurance
• Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
• Career development opportunities
• State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym, crèche and restaurant
• A supportive and inclusive environment
• 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend