Job no: 501938
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment, Supervision, Mining Operators
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Reporting to our Metallurgy Superintendent and working a 8:6 roster FIFO from Perth, your primary responsibility will be responsible for providing technical leadership and support tour new Wonmunna site, ensuring that all sampling and laboratory practices are safely maintained at the highest possible level.
We are looking to engage you with the ability to lead, coach and mentor a team; With a demonstrated background working within a site base laboratory environment and a keen eye for detail.
What we’re after
- Provide technical leadership and support to the Operational teams
- Ensuring the collection, handling, processing and preparation of the samples to the highest possible standard
- Adhere to internal requirements for running and reporting of standards, duplicates, (QA/QC) and precision testing and monitoring
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What you’ll bring to the team
- A focus on effective safety and environmental practises
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement and relationship skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous fixed plant sampling experience would be preferred
- Experience in ICP, XRF and AAS would be preferred.
What we offer
- We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
- Career development opportunities
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend