Senior Inventory Controller
Job no: 501948
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Logistics / Transport
As an ASX 100 and perennial company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian-based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, mineral processing underpinned by a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing to accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision. Specialists to design, plan and implement and accomplished Tradespeople to operate our high-tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will work with the greater MRL Inventory and Warehousing teams to establish and manage all inventory warehousing and site based goods storage across the MRL Group. The primary role of the Senior Inventory Controller is to establish, facilitate and manage the day to day operations of the Supply model in providing inventory control strategy and governance to support the business.
- Work under instruction to establish new warehouses and stores across MRL’s network of sites
- Assist in the warehouse planning process, customer service, inventory control, forecasting, warehousing, transportation and other areas as required
- Contribute to the development of analytics, systems and data management capabilities, including metrics and reports
- Actively work alongside and mentor other MRL company individuals engaged in materials management related duties
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, applicable management, and relevant decision makers to share information, problem solve, and to clarify inventory related objectives
- Contribute to operations planning processes including supply / demand forecasting, inventory management, and on time delivery
- Support the development of materials management based training materials, technical manuals and detailed process & procedure documentation
- Assist site based employee’s to undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis
- Work to identify and actively reduce surplus or obsolete stock.
What you’ll bring to the team
- 10+ years working within logistics across warehousing, inventory and freight operations
- 3+ years experience in inventory leadership positions in the mining industry
- Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics
- Ability to influence and lead people to achieve new and routine outcomes
- Experience with mining related products and services is essential
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
- Career development opportunities
- State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym, crèche and restaurant
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend