Job no: 501960
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Contracts & Procurement
As an ASX 100 and perennial company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian-based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, mineral processing underpinned by a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing to accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision. Specialists to design, plan and implement and accomplished Tradespeople to operate our high-tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
MRL is currently seeking a Contracts Manager to join our Legal and Commercial Division based in our Head Office in Applecross. This role will form an integral part of the MRL legal and commercial team, and the performance of the team's contract management responsibilities for client contracts and supplier agreements on behalf of the MRL group.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage MRL group client contracts and sub-contracts.
- Negotiate and manage contract claims, variations and disputes.
- Provide contract and commercial management advice to business unit managers and project/operations managers
- Draft contract related correspondence as required.
- Review tender commercial documents and prepare contract non-conformance submissions.
- Ensure commercial management activities are conducted in accordance with MRL’s corporate governance framework and policies.
- Evaluate commercial related risks and opportunities and ensure these are mitigated by contract terms and conditions.
- Uphold documentation standards by ensuring contract documentation is properly completed and executed and that sufficient and appropriate records are kept.
- Ensure that Business Unit/project stakeholders are aware of the requirements of the contract, and assist the Business Units/Projects to address contractor performance.
- Assist with resolving disputes between the company and clients / subcontractors.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualifications in either Law, Business or Commerce.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of contracts and commercial / legal principles.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Contracts Manager or legal professional with (preferably) mining or mining services industry exposure/experience.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
We are seeking someone with strong commercial awareness, adaptability, initiative and problem solving skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to work under pressure and will possess sound organisational and people skills.
You will take pride in delivering high quality work and creating positive relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally. The successful employee will represent our business with pride and behave in a way that upholds our brand and culture.
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
- Career development opportunities
- State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym and restaurant
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend