Area Manager - Mobile Equipment Maintenance
Job no: 502054
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Asset Management
At Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) we are different. Yes we are a leading Australian based diversified mining services, contracting, processing and commodities production company, however we are much more than that.
The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of the business. If you’re wondering what that spirit is, it means that Mineral Resources is focused on the outcome; willing to shift the earth to achieve desired goals.
Mineral Resources has a successful history of providing safe, high quality, low cost mining, mining construction and mining infrastructure services.
MRL is offering the exciting opportunity for an Area Manager – Mobile Equipment Maintenance to provide strong and clear leadership to our on-site Asset Management team across our various crushing operations, whilst also facilitating the development of asset maintenance improvement plans, developing cost saving initiatives and aligning the department’s strategies to the overall business goals.
You will be accountable to implement business wide strategies across the sites and will be ultimately responsible for liaising between the Head Office, our client representatives and the operations by providing support and driving standards, governance and compliance to all of our Asset Management Group personnel.
The role encompasses:
- FIFO 5/2 4/3 roster, reporting to the General Manager
- Empowered position with the ability to create change
- Profitable, dynamic and progressive mining company
- A business with a strong entrepreneurial focus where innovation is at the core of culture
The ideal candidates will be a highly intuitive and effective leader of people, with the ability to provide direction to the Asset Management team and drive positive outcomes to improve the overall safety and culture and production in the region.
Your Responsibilities & Duties
- Live and breathe the OneMRL Values by leading by example at all times and demonstrating high performance through clear expectations and direction
- Ensure the asset management teams are providing an effective service that provides optimum equipment performance
- Implement strategic asset management initiatives across sites, working closely with both the asset management teams and the Project Managers
- Conduct maintenance reporting on Fleet performance to ensure maximum availability and reliability
- Provide reliability and maintenance support across the sites and region
- Maintain a safe and continuously improving workplace whilst always demonstrating leadership in all safety related matters
- Manage a high performing team in Mobile Maintenance to deliver on their key responsibilities and manage both team and individual performance on a regular and meaningful basis.
- Review, evaluate and coordinate maintenance performance across the existing fleet
- Develop, implement and maintain reliability strategies, initiatives and solutions across the site by identifying hotspots and opportunities
- Establish communities of practice whereby maintenance information and learning’s are shared across the business
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, or a relevant trade qualification coupled with significant hands-on management experience
- 10+ years’ experience leading a high-performing Maintenance team, ideally within an operational mining and processing environment
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- High degree of computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Excel and database management systems
- Significant demonstrated leadership which supports a high performance culture
- Strong experience in mobile equipment maintenance and development of equipment performance strategies
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to influence
- Effective stakeholder management strategies
What MRL offers YOU
- Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including retail discounts and salary sacrificing options
- A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Genuine career development opportunities
- Real influence and decision making ability
- Excellent access to business leaders
If you like to do things a little differently and can bring your experience and knowledge to lead the team to deliver on its targets, MRL is for you. Please send us your details for consideration. All applications are treated with the strictest of confidence.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend