Health & Wellbeing Advisor
Job no: 502078
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Health, Safety & Environment
As an ASX 100 and perennial company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian-based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, mineral processing underpinned by a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing to accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision. Specialists to design, plan and implement and accomplished Tradespeople to operate our high-tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Health & Wellbeing Advisor who is able to hit the ground running; enthusiastic, a strong relationship builder, team player yet autonomous, able to self-initiate work and excellent attention to detail.
At MRL, health is incorporated into our operational activities and we want our people to go home at the end of the shift healthier than when they began. We want you to be able to help create and shape our health strategy and be actively involved in improving the health and wellbeing of our workforce through the delivery of our comprehensive health & wellbeing program.
- Coordinate the MRL musculoskeletal injury prevention program (including facilitation of training, workshops, collation of education material, workplace warm up program).
- Review ergonomic and manual task risks and provide recommendations for hazard elimination/mitigation strategies.
- Conduct field interactions and 1-on-1 infield coaching to staff on body positioning and completion of manual and high-risk tasks.
- Coordinate the MRL Health Promotion calendar (including creating toolbox topics, health promotion initiatives, village and site events etc).
- Mental health awareness, support and education
- Health coaching (including motivating and inspiring people to set and achieve health goals through physical activity)
- Develop health and exercise programs for individuals (including Health Management Plans) and facilitation of group fitness classes for all capabilities and fitness levels
- Consult on set up and management of recreation and gym facilities, including equipment recommendations, design and layout of active recreation spaces.
- Assist the MRL Injury Management Team with Health Management Plans, Fitness for Work issues and Return to Work Cases.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Bachelor of Science (Exercise Physiology, Physiotherapy, or Allied Health Discipline)
- Strong experience in a Health/Wellbeing Advisory role
- Exposure to the Resources industry highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
- Career development opportunities
- A supportive and inclusive environment
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend