Job no: 502274
Work type: Full Time
As an ASX 100 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Mining Surveyor for our new mining project working an 8/ 6 FIFO roster from Perth. This role will require an effective communicator who is both strategic and hands-on and can engage effectively with individuals and teams across a diverse organisation.
Reporting to our site leadership team, your primary responsibility will be to support our operations in a dynamic work environment which requires you to think on your feet. This will be pivotal in identifying, quantifying and managing risk and opportunities across all areas of responsibility to ensure maximum output.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Measuring total volumes of material moved
- Pegging out areas to be mined
- Measuring quantities of material blasted
- Surveying mine configuration and control
- Locating blast and exploration drill holes
- Updating of site plans
- Liaise and communicate issues to Key stakeholders
- Management of machine control files
- Demonstrated experience in stockpile volume survey and calculations for EOM reconciliation
- Effective time management in a dynamic work environment
- Formulate cut and fill heat maps
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualification in Surveying (Diploma or higher) in Mining and Engineering Surveying
- Grade 2 Authorisation essential
- Demonstrated experience in a mining environment
- Conversant with Surpac Mining software, Trimble GPS and Total Stations essential
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend