Job no: 502397
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Contracts & Procurement
As an ASX 100 company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and mineral processing underpinned by a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome, willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing to accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision. Specialists to design, plan and implement and accomplished Tradespeople to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
As an important member of the MRL Legal and Commercial department you will be responsible to carry out contract management and contract administration responsibilities for client contracts and subcontract agreements on behalf of the business.
- Prepare, negotiate and finalise contracts
- Negotiate and manage contract claims and variations
- Review compliance with key infrastructure contract requirements including payment and pricing terms
- Provide contract and commercial management advice to business unit managers and project/operations managers
- Draft contract related correspondence as required
- Prepare and distribute contract summaries for MRL group project and site managers.
- Ensure commercial management activities are conducted in accordance with MRL’s corporate governance framework and policies
- Uphold documentation standards by ensuring contract documentation is properly completed and executed and sufficient and appropriate records are kept
- Ensure that Business Unit/project stakeholders are aware of the requirements of the contract, and assist the Business Units/Projects to address contractor performance
- Assist with resolving disputes between the company and clients/ subcontractors
What you will bring to the team
- Tertiary qualifications in commercial, business or legal
- Post qualification experience working in a contracts related role in a corporate environment (Resources industry or Law)
- Knowledge and understanding of contracts and commercial/legal principles
- Exposure to the commercial and legal issues impacting on operations and projects
- Strong drafting and language skills
- Strong computer skills
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- A safe work environment: see our rapid response to COVID-19
- Career development opportunities
- State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym, crèche and restaurant
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend