Senior Analyst - Project Development
Job no: 502403
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Strategy and Development
As an ASX 100 and perennial company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian-based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, mineral processing underpinned by a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing to accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision. Specialists to design, plan and implement and accomplished Tradespeople to operate our high-tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to provide technical analysis and commercial/technical evaluation of projects (internal and external opportunities), including opportunity identification, ranking, due diligence and financial evaluation in a structured manner, providing recommendations so that the MRL executive can make investment and growth decisions. The role will support technical evaluation and ranking of exploration targets, internal brownfield and greenfield development projects, potential acquisition targets and any proposed divestments.
Working within a fantastic team, You will have the opportunity to get involved in an array of disciplines, establish and develop processes and add real value to the bottom line.
- Assist the business to identify and evaluate Greenfields or brown fields development opportunities
- Support the exploration team in evaluating and ranking exploration targets
- Provide technical review and ranking of internal greenfield and brownfield projects
- Commercially evaluate internal greenfield and brownfield projects
- Help establish and maintain investment criteria for identification of potential acquisition targets in consultation with key stakeholders
- Help establish and maintain a process for completing screening, identification and ranking of potential acquisition targets according to agreed investment criteria
- Help establish and maintain a process for completing “first phase” due diligence and evaluation using public data to support the screening and ranking process
- Help establish and maintain a process for completing “second phase” technical and commercial due diligence for potential acquisitions using non-public data
- Engage stakeholders across the business to complete coordinated first and second phase due diligence as required
- Generate and present ranked recommendations on investment and growth options to the executive for both internal and external opportunities
- Work with legal, commercial and finance teams to execute investment
- Help to maintain industry datasets including price decks and peer information
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary level education in engineering/geology/mineral economics and commerce
- 10+ years’ experience in natural resources project/asset evaluation, corporate analysis and due diligence within the mining industry or in an investment bank/resources based equity research role
- Experience across a wide range of commodities including bulk commodities, base metals, precious metals and specialty metals
- Experience building and maintaining screening, identifying, ranking and due diligence processes for exploration, projects and acquisitions
- High level financial modelling skills preferably some experience with the Corality style modelling technique
- Excellent technical evaluation skills for mining and processing projects
- Strong commercial evaluation skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- An understanding of mining tax, environmental, royalty and legal implications as they relate to project development and evaluation
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
- Career development opportunities
- State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym and restaurant
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend