Power Station Operator/Maintainer - Electrical
Job no: 502418
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Trades & Labour
Mineral Resources (MRL) is a leading West Australian diversified mining, contracting, processing and commodities production company. Since its foundation in 1993, the company has grown through strategic business development, consolidation and acquisition. We are now an ASX 200 listed company with over 1300 employees. MRL has a portfolio of market leading brands, including, Crushing Services International (CSI), Process Minerals International (PMI), PIHA, Mineral Services, Mineral Resources Energy (MRE), Polaris Metals and MESA Minerals.
Mineral Resources Energy (MRE), a subsidiary of MRL, is a vertically integrated company providing revolutionary and reliable LNG power generation options to the resource sector and the populace located in regional Australia. MRE focuses on remote power station build own and operate opportunities to enable a cost effective, greener option to diesel power.
MRE is offering a unique opportunity for Power Station Operator / Maintainer to join our team on a full time basis for an immediate start. This position will be located on our Koolyanobbing mine site and will operate on a roster basis and will report into the Operations and Maintenance Supervisor. This position will be required to work within a very small multi skilled team responsible for all facets of operating and maintaining a diesel powered facility. This role will be FIFO Ex Perth, working a 2&2 Roster.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Operate and maintain diesel reciprocating engines and power generation equipment
- Operate instrumentation and process control systems
- Undertake daily inspections and maintenance on the power station ancillary equipment
- Undertake typical housekeeping duties
- Stock inventory
- Actively ensure the safety of one's self and the safety of others through a sound understanding and adherence to workplace health and safety obligations
- Electrical Trade Qualifications
- WA Electrical Licence
- Current manual drivers licence
- Extensive experience and sound knowledge of power systems and control circuitry
- Extensive experience in running and maintaining Diesel reciprocating engines (Cummins knowledge highly desirable)
- A high standard of fault finding and trouble shooting ability
- Ability to work autonomously in remote location areas
- Proficient with computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and adjust the power station within allowable operating parameters
MRL is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for this position.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend