Control System Engineer
Job no: 502443
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Supervision, Engineering
As an ASX 100 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It is our laser focus on the outcome; our preparedness to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals and our ability to move swiftly. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing to accept that there can be many ways to create success.
About the role
To support our continued growth into 2021, our Crushing division is looking for a Control Systems Engineer responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control the Ore Processing Facilities.
This role will be based at our Applecross office with a planned move to our state of the art Osborne Park office.
What we’re after
- Maintaining effectiveness of process controls including DCS, HMI, Historian and alarm systems
- Troubleshoot and repair system problems
- Evaluate equipment and processes to identify ways to optimise performance
- Designing and developing new control systems
- Testing, maintaining and modifying existing systems
- Analysing data and presenting findings in written reports
- Working collaboratively with all internal staff and external clients
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving, providing advice and consultancy support
- Accepting responsibility and a level of accountability that is proportionate to the seniority of the position
- Identify opportunities to improve plant performance through new use of process control technologies
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering or relevant Trade Certificate
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated Process Control engineering experience within dry and wet fixed processing plant environment with strong knowledge in;
- PLC and HMI Systems
- PLC and Instrumentation Hardware
- Network communications
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- Career development opportunities
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend