Senior Electrical Designer
Job no: 502467
Work type: Full Time
As an ASX 100 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It is our laser focus on the outcome; our preparedness to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals and our ability to move swiftly. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing to accept that there can be many ways to create success.
About the role
Due to our continued growth through 2021 and beyond, we are seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Designer to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to the Electrical Design Manager, your primary responsibility will be the production of electrical design drawings for mining based applications to ensure that they achieve the design outcomes appropriate to the quality, budget and program as agreed by the business.
What we’re after
- Proficiency to produce design drawings in a timely manner using AutoCAD.
- Ability to work with engineers to ensure all deliverables and design criteria are met in accordance with the project expectations.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed drawings for engineering projects in accordance with project technical specifications and standards.
- Ensure electrical design drawings comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures.
- Ensure electrical design drawings are completed on time, within budget, and are of high quality.
- End to end design; from initial concept drawings to completing as built drawings.
- Ability to detail single line diagrams, schematics, terminations etc. with minimum supervision.
- Ability to detail underground services, cable ladder services, general arrangements, layouts, earthing drawings etc. and interface to other design environments (e.g. 3D modelling).
- Design and drawing interface to vendor packages, including interface checking to manufacturer data.
- Contribute to electrical design reviews.
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Demonstrable and proven experience as an electrical designer, in mining or a heavy industry.
- Electrical Trades experience is advantageous.
- Knowledge and application of current design and detail drafting standards, specifications and codes.
- AutoCAD certification or similar drafting software.
- Proficient in use of CAD design packages.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with stringent deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- Career development opportunities
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend