Principal Tenement Advisor
Job no: 502641
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Corporate Affairs / Community Relations, Legal
As an ASX 100 and perennial company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian-based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, mineral processing underpinned by a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing to accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision. Specialists to design, plan and implement and accomplished Tradespeople to operate our high-tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
We are looking for Principal Tenements Advisor to lead the team responsible for compliance with statutory obligations pertaining to MRL’s mining tenure portfolio.
- Ensure maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date tenure database (with support from the Tenement Officer and Tenement Administrator), including mining tenement details and compliance dates
- Supervise expenditure reporting, including:
- monitoring compliance with expenditure commitments and ensuring that business is either meeting commitments or has alternative strategy in place for each tenement
- review and approve lodgement of Form 5s and confirming expenditure is properly recorded
- settling exemption application submissions
- liaising with Finance regarding project code set up and use
- preparation and implementation of training program (business wide as required) for expenditure reporting requirements
- Supervise extension of term applications, including:
- ensuring timely lodgement of extension of term applications, including liaising with other Project Services teams and wider business regarding requirements to extend term
- preparation and implementation of training program for differing regimes and requirements applying to extensions of term for different tenement types
- Supervise of lodgement of other statutory documentation and associated correspondence including:
- new tenement applications, objections, transfers, surrenders, caveats, mortgages, etc
- preparation and implementation of training program for lodgement of relevant documents and checking all documents prior to lodgement
- Review tenement related invoices prior to payment (tenement rent and rates), including comparison against previous invoices and progression of any objections
- Provide strategic advice to the business regarding tenement divestment and acquisition, including identification of areas to acquire and surrender
- Provide Senior Management with regular tenure portfolio status reports and updates
What you’ll bring to the team
- 8+ years tenement management and leadership experience
- Excellent understanding of Mining Act and Regulations and applicable aspects of Native Title Act
- Document management and control and accounting systems
- Excellent operational understanding and capability with relevant Government department systems including Mineral Titles Online and Tengraph
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork and leadership skills
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
- Career development opportunities
- State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym, crèche and restaurant
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend