Dewatering Mechanical Fitter - Mining
Job no: 502933
Work type: Full Time
Location: South-West, Pilbara, Metro, Goldfields
Categories: Mining Operators, Engineering, Trades & Labour
Mineral Resources is an innovative and leading mining services company with a growing portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities, including iron ore and lithium.
MRL are seeking an experienced Mine Services Dewatering Technician to join the NPI Team at the owned and operated Yilgarn Iron Ore operation located near Southern Cross in the Goldfields region of WA. The role offers both FIFO & DIDO options working a 2/1 day shift only roster allowing you to secure a permanent position within a forward thinking and proud Australian company.
What MRL Offers
- Safety is a priority, not just a slogan
- Opportunities for career development
- Dedicated, supportive and skilled leadership team
- Modern camp offering industry-leading food
- Access to employee benefits - salary sacrificing, novated leasing and discounts
- Endless $$$ for referring successful talent
You will be responsible for
- Water supply of site infrastructure - Borefields & Pit Dewatering, RO & Waste Water Treatment Plants
- Maintain water transfer systems
- Conduct steel fabrication and piping works
- Diagnostics - fault finding and repairs
- Develop and carry out preventative maintenance tasks
- Operate mobile equipment as required
- Assist the village maintenance team as required
Required knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Current Australian MC driver's licence
- Mechanical Fitter trade essential
- Poly Welding and Dogman tickets desirable
- 2 years’ experience maintaining open pit dewatering systems
- Safe operation of IT Loaders & Excavators (tickets desirable)
- Flexible, adaptable and versatile attitude
- Strong inter-personal and leadership skills
- Work autonomously in remote locations
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical & DAS screens
- Must hold working rights in Australia
Shortlisting will begin immediately so hit the APPLY NOW button and join a company on the move.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL Employee Referral Program.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend