Job no: 502975
Work type: Fixed Term
Categories: Geology / Geotechnical
As an ASX 100 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradespeople to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Exciting times are ahead for Mineral Resources, and with a strong pipeline of exploration and resource development work ahead, we are seeking dynamic contributors to our continued success in 2021 and beyond.
MRL are currently looking for Exploration Geologists to work across a number of projects in the Pilbara and Yilgarn areas of WA. The roles are site based on a 9/5 roster, offered on an initial 12 month fixed-term contract with the opportunity to extend.
Reporting to the Principal Geologist, your primary responsibility will be to provide geological support for exploration and resource definition programs across a number of MRL’s Projects. This role will require an effective communicator who is both motivated and hands-on and can engage effectively with individuals and teams across a diverse organisation.
We’re looking for Geologists who are keen to gain experience across multiple projects and commodities.
- Execute resource definition and exploration drill programs in line with project timelines
- Provide technical input into the resource estimation for the deposits including geological logging, interpretation and modelling
- Ensure safety standards are maintained within the geology group and with all exploration contractors
- Ensure drill programs are run in a cost effective manner
- Report on progress of drill campaigns against physical budgets and technical goals
- Maintain compliance to MRL policies, procedures and regulatory reporting
What you’ll bring to the team
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Geology
- 2+ years’ experience in exploration and resource development
- Reverse circulation and diamond drill rig experience
- Conversant with geology software packages (Micromine, ARCGIS, AcQuire)
- Excellent communication with the ability to liaise at all levels
- Genuine enthusiasm and dedication to deliver solid and consistent results
- Ability to work remotely and autonomously in a safe manner
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now!
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend