As a growing ASX100 company, Mineral Resources is a leading Australian provider of innovative and sustainable mining solutions. Our success is now complemented by a world-class portfolio of mining operations across commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background:
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies.
Our people are empowered to challenge the status quo and actively explore new ideas and opportunities. We work together and focus on getting things done. Our agility allows us to act fast and seize opportunities – achieving exceptional, sustainable results.
Do you like to think outside the square and challenge yourself? Do you like to collaborate as a team to achieve more than you thought possible?
Think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
At Mineral Resources, we continually improve not only our operations, but our systems and processes.
Our people are at the heart of all that we do. Our leaders provide a foundation on which our talent, passion and entrepreneurial spirit can shine through.
The result? We work together to create solutions and achieve exceptional results, in a safe and sustainable way. Together, we will always deliver – and that sets us apart.
Do you have the courage to take on the impossible and the passion to make it happen? Do you care about your team and celebrate their differences?
Think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
Due to our continued growth through 2021 and beyond, we are seeking an IT Support Officer to join our team.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, the successful candidate will actively participate in the Service Desk function for all staff, contractors and suppliers. The Service Desk provides a single point of communication and coordination for all users of MRL IT systems.
The role is based in Applecross with a planned move to our new offices in Osborne Park late 2021. Some short site based travel may be required as well as participation in an on call roster.
- Providing exceptional and professional customer service to all stakeholders
- Providing 1st and 2nd level technical support to end users
- Support of the corporate IT environment including desktop hardware, software and all relevant applications including building, troubleshooting and repairing of computers, printers and any other associated IT equipment
- Logging, tracking, troubleshooting and resolving service requests to meet agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Ensuring the IT environment (desktops, laptops, phones) are updated with the latest hardware, software and application patches
- Maintain compliance to licensing requirements for all relevant hardware and software
- Manage users of MRL systems throughout their employment life-cycle (on boarding, promotions, transfers and terminations)
- Support the management of the computer life-cycle and if necessary evaluate new hardware and software and provide recommendations
- Maintain the Audio / Visual environment
- Contribute to and support IT standards, procedures, help sheets and user guides
- Identify opportunities to drive continual improvements within the Service Desk function and where applicable to the greater IT department
- Compliance with all Company HS&E policies and procedures
What you will bring to the team
- 2 years previous experience working in a Service Desk or IT Support environment
- Relevant industry qualifications or progress towards certification eg. Microsoft (MCP, MCSA), ITIL, IT Certificate II or other
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Demonstrable experience in deploying and maintaining Windows OS and Office applications
- Experience in the installation, testing and maintaining of hardware and software according to a standard operating environment (SOE)
- Some experience working with Windows Servers, MS Active Directory and mobile technologies
- The ability to work and thrive within a dynamic team in a constantly evolving environment and the flexibility to adapt and overcome challenges
What we offer
- We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
- Career development opportunities
- State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym and restaurant
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.