As a growing ASX100 company, Mineral Resources is a leading Australian provider of innovative and sustainable mining solutions. Our success is now complemented by a world-class portfolio of mining operations across commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background:
Mineral Resources is not like other mining companies.
Our people are empowered to challenge the norm and trusted to explore ideas, working together with a focus on getting things done. We’re agile and act fast and seize new opportunities to achieve exceptional, sustainable results.
Our people are at the heart of all we do. The culture and size of our company provides a foundation on which talent, passion and entrepreneurial spirit can shine through.
You are never “just a number” at MRL, you are a valued member of a close-knit team where achievements are recognised, celebrated and rewarded.
The result? Our teams work together to create innovative solutions and achieve incredible results.
Together, we will always deliver – and that’s what sets us apart.
We have an ambitious growth agenda that includes plans to significantly grow our iron ore production and double our mining services business in the next five years.
In the last six months we have added another 1,500 exceptional people to our company, and we are not done yet.
We are currently recruiting for truly career-defining senior roles in preparation for the delivery of an exciting growth project that will shape our future business success.
If you are looking to have a bigger impact, where you are valued and rewarded for being agile and courageous: think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager - Construction, as the Project Director you will play a key role in moving this $1.5B plus project into its Delivery Phase - encompassing early development work, mine site development, bulk ore transportation system, port works and mine processing plant.
This is a ‘hands on’ position that will ensure close involvement with all phases, functions and personnel concerned with the project. Your previous project delivery experience will have been delivering major construction projects in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Senior Management
- Utilise existing business unit resources to ensure your project environmental, tenement and mining related approvals for the project are completed in line with your requirements.
- Proactive development and management of the project through detailed engineering and execution
- Attendance at all specified meetings including Heads of Department meetings
- Leads and participates in obtaining meeting objectives
- Development and management of project budgets, resources and staffing to meet objectives and time frames
- 10 plus years proven ‘hands on’ project delivery experience in a similar role, preferably within an iron ore project across a broad scope of disciplines
What we offer
- We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
- Discounted private health insurance
- Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
- Career development opportunities
- State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym and restaurant
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.