As a growing ASX100 company, Mineral Resources is a leading Australian provider of innovative and sustainable mining solutions. Our success is now complemented by a world-class portfolio of mining operations across commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background:
Mineral Resources is not like other mining companies.
Our people are empowered to challenge the norm and trusted to explore ideas, working together with a focus on getting things done. We’re agile and act fast and seize new opportunities to achieve exceptional, sustainable results.
Our people are at the heart of all we do. The culture and size of our company provides a foundation on which talent, passion and entrepreneurial spirit can shine through.
You are never “just a number” at MRL, you are a valued member of a close-knit team where achievements are recognised, celebrated and rewarded.
The result? Our teams work together to create innovative solutions and achieve incredible results.
Together, we will always deliver – and that’s what sets us apart.
We have an ambitious growth agenda that includes plans to significantly grow our iron ore production and double our mining services business in the next five years.
In the last six months we have added another 1,500 exceptional people to our company, and we are not done yet.
We are currently recruiting for truly career-defining senior roles in preparation for the delivery of an exciting growth project that will shape our future business success.
If you are looking to have a bigger impact, where you are valued and rewarded for being agile and courageous: think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
About the role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for providing engineering assistance in the design, fabrication, manufacture and site installation of non process related infrastructure on projects. The Infrastructure Engineer also provides input to the design, equipment selection, installation and assembly and day-to-day management of each package and supply subcontracts.
- Civil or Structural engineering and able to design in Compliance with the relevant Australian Standards.
- Engaging and overseeing third party consultants who may be engaged on large scale projects for the supply of buildings, site erection and utilities installations
- Coordinate, review and approve associated modelling, design reports and construction drawings
- Interface with the design teams during 3D model development of assigned areas
- Coordinate constructability reviews during the design process and share methodology with project and construction teams
- Ensure accuracy of structural and concrete Materials Take-off lists.
- Facilitate the preparation of designs and statutory paperwork including obtaining approvals aligned with the project schedule
- Responsible for ensuring that Concrete and Structural QA/QC and Specifications comply with design requirements and Australian Standards.
- Provide technical support during civil and structural construction
- Assist in the development of scope of work documents for the engagement of suppliers and contractors
- Promote cost savings and identify improvement opportunities with regards to design, engineering and work practices
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
• Discounted private health insurance
• Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
• Career development opportunities
• State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym and restaurant
• A supportive and inclusive environment
• 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.