As a growing ASX100 company, Mineral Resources is a leading Australian provider of innovative and sustainable mining solutions. Our success is now complemented by a world-class portfolio of mining operations across commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like other mining companies.
Our people are empowered to challenge the norm and trusted to explore ideas, working together with a focus on getting things done. We’re agile and act fast and seize new opportunities to achieve exceptional, sustainable results.
Our people are at the heart of all we do. The culture and size of our company provides a foundation on which talent, passion and entrepreneurial spirit can shine through.
You are never “just a number” at MRL, you are a valued member of a close-knit team where achievements are recognised, celebrated and rewarded.
The result? Our teams work together to create innovative solutions and achieve incredible results.
Together, we will always deliver – and that’s what sets us apart.
We have an ambitious growth agenda that includes plans to significantly grow our iron ore production and double our mining services business in the next five years.
In the last six months we have added another 1,500 exceptional people to our company, and we are not done yet.
We are currently recruiting for truly career-defining senior roles in preparation for the delivery of an exciting growth project that will shape our future business success.
If you are looking to have a bigger impact, where you are valued and rewarded for being agile and courageous: think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
About the role
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Senior Cost Controller is responsible for Cost Management on the Projects. The role required working with project team members, cost controllers and other corporate functions teas to develop Budget management strategies, cost breakdown structures, tracking and reporting Project Costs on periodic basis. The Senior Cost Controller will be responsible for budget control, establishing process of cost monitoring, producing project control reports, and provide inputs for performance analysis and recommendations for CSI and other stakeholders.
- Have construction experience with leading civil and SMP contractors in Australian resources sector
- The ongoing development, design and implementation of the cost control system to track project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts for Projects, including its integration with CSI existing system(s).
- Take ownership of the cost control function and ensure integrity of the data being processed
- Preparation of Cost Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), budgets, cost forecasts, Revenue forecasts, cash flows, project dashboards and other cost control documents.
- Establishment and signoff of the Project budget by all relevant personnel.
- Assist with the preparation of contracting and procurement plans.
- Assist with preparation of tender documents to ensure the integrity of cost data analysis for tender evaluation and cost allocation.
- Assist with the technical and commercial assessment of tenders.
- Assist with purchasing of materials for projects by assessing quantities and completing purchase orders.
- Allocation of costs against budget on award of Contracts and purchase orders including the management of Project expenditure approval processes.
- Work closely project team members, finance and accounts to efficiently collect data, forecast costs, risks, opportunities, prepare fair cost estimates in support of producing integrated and consolidated project reports and forecasts;
- Preparation of accurate weekly, monthly cost reports, month end processes and trend analysis in accordance with both in house and client reporting matrix.
- Identification and reporting of any major cost and revenue variances including the preparation of any associated documentation.
- Review project costs and recommend corrective action if significant deviations from budget occur. Report regularly to the project manager on budget and schedule achievements.
- Reporting of budgets, costs, forecasts and trends in accordance with Project procedures.
- Preparation of final close-out reports for Contracts and purchase orders.
- Identify and resolve current and emerging issues to improve the quality and efficacy of cost control as a value added function to project / program delivery teams
- Coordination final close-out reports for Contracts and purchase orders
- Excellent attention to details
- Perform other general duties that may be necessary to suit operational requirements as directed
- Supervise any supporting roles in the project cost control area
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
• Discounted private health insurance
• Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
• Career development opportunities
• State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym and restaurant
• A supportive and inclusive environment
• 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.